Malpe is a calm beach town near the temple town of Udupi in Coastal Karnataka. Malpe is known for its fishing harbor, St Mary’s Island and beaches.
Reasons to Visit Malpe:
- Malpe Beach: The Malpe Beaches is a virgin beach, located at a distance about 6 kms from Udupi. It is an important port and a fishing harbour in the state of Karnataka. The endless stretch of golden sand, graciously swaying palm trees, clear blue sky and the gentle murmur of the sea, set the perfect mood for an idyllic holiday. Be sure to visit the Balarama Temple and Malpe’s oldest tile factory, set up by the Basel Mission.
- St Mary’s Island, Malpe: St Mary’s Island is a popular picnic spot, a short boat ride away from Malpe harbour.
- Kadike Beach: A lesser-known beach north of Malpe Beach
- Padukere Beach: Another beach south of Malpe
- Sea walk Malpe: A small stretch of walkway formed over rocks placed to facilitate entry and exit of boats into Malpe Harbor.
- Temples: Malpe is known for Vadabhandeshwara Balarama temple
- Water sports: Water sports at Malpe beach includes parasailing and banana boat rides but subject to favourable weather and operator discretion.
- Industries: Malpe is known for shipbuilding, fisheries, tile making and coconut processing industries